The following Question Without Notice was asked by the Hon Colin de Grussa MLC and answered today in Parliament by the Hon Stephen Dawson MLC on behalf of Emergency Services Minister Hon Fran Logan MLA
Hon COLIN de GRUSSA to the minister representing the Minister for Emergency Services:
I refer to the minister’s answer yesterday to question without notice 919.
(1) Why has the government opted for an expression of interest process for the Bushfire Centre of Excellence rather than a formal tender process?
(2) How were all 108 eligible local governments contacted for this purpose?
(3) Will the minister table correspondence to local governments advising them of their eligibility?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question. The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises the following.
(1) The request for proposal is a preliminary process to gauge interest in hosting the new Bushfire Centre of Excellence.
(2) The Western Australian Local Government Association emailed the request for proposal package link on the Tenders WA website to all local governments within the south west land division.
(3) I table the attached email