The following advertisement is currently listed by DFES on seek.com.au.
We STRONGLY encourage those with the required skills and an understanding of the Volunteer Bush Fire Service to apply.
Coordinator Digital Communications
Position Number: P006465
Salary/Level: $99,966 – $110,590
Type: Fixed Term – Full Time
Location: Cockburn Central
An experienced and passionate digital communications professional to join our dynamic Digital Communications team.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience developing and implementing digital communication strategies and campaigns, including monitoring and adapting content to increase effectiveness. You will have outstanding written and oral communication, poses strong leadership qualities and be skilled at building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate is someone that is enthusiastic, organised and results focused and that can maximise DFES’ use of digital communications to better engage with all Western Australians.
- Develop and implement a ‘whole of Department’ social media strategy and use analytic tools to measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns to inform future content.
- Follow social media trends to embrace new developments and opportunities to further grow and engage the Department’s social media audience.
- Create an inspiring team environment and motivate colleagues to produce their best work.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity to solve problems.
- Deliver results within a fast paced environment.
- Cultivate strong, productive working relationships and partnerships.
You can expect
- Job satisfaction knowing you’ve helped keep Western Australians safe.
- A unique opportunity to work within an emergency services environment.
- To work with a highly experienced and motivated team with strong management support.
- Free access to an on-site gym.
- A competitive salary with 9.5% employer contributed superannuation and salary sacrifice options.
- This opportunity is a full time, 12 month fixed term appointment, with the possibility of extension, while the substantive occupant is on a period of parental leave.
- The successful applicant will be required to participate in a 24/7 rotational on-call roster and additional, periodic weekend and evening work will be required.
- A condition of employment for new employees of DFES is that a current National Police Certificate (less than three (3) months old) is provided prior to commencement.
- The position is primarily based in Cockburn Central, but travel to other metropolitan and regional offices will also be required.
Your application should include:
- A covering letter (maximum of two (2) pages) outlining your relevant experience against the criteria specified in the Job Description Form;
- A comprehensive CV, highlighting the experience and competencies you will bring to this role; and
- The names and contact details of two referees who can attest to your suitability.
Documents should be saved in .doc or .pdf format. Applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed.
Please ensure you allow sufficient time to submit your application, as late applications will not be accepted.
Click the “Apply for Job” button located on this page and follow the instructions.
Applicants found suitable but not recommended for this position may be considered for similar temporary and permanent positions that arise in DFES within 6 months.
Department of Fire and Emergency Services – for a safer state
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) has a wide-ranging role to manage emergency services in Western Australia.
Everything the organisation does enables a safer state for Western Australia; a safer state during incidents and emergencies; and a safer state of being.
DFES’ Media and Corporate Communications team is one of the most fast-paced and high profile communications teams in State government. It’s responsible for issuing public information during emergencies, keeping the community informed about their risk and helping to keep them safe.
Job Application Package
To access information about this position, visit jobs.wa.gov.au and enter the Position Number into the Search Box.
Please note that late proforma applications will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 2018-06-04 4:00 PM
Resilient Western Australian Communities