The Association of Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades is very grateful to the RAC for its generous support in donating its Pinnacle Award prize of $10,000 to the Association.
The Pinnacle Awards recognise organisations in Western Australia that are judged to have outperformed their peers in a variety of categories. The Awards are run by the Australian Institute of Management and The West Australian newspaper.
We congratulate the RAC on winning the Green Business Excellence Award for 2016 and thank them again for their past and ongoing support for the Association and the Volunteer Bush Fire Fighters.
The Association’s President, Dave Gossage AFSM, said:
“I thank the RAC for their kind gesture and recognition of the Association’s efforts in support of Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades and their local communities.
“Such support is very important to us both in the direct assistance it provides and as a recognition of the voluntary work Association Committee members undertake for volunteers and local communities.
“On behalf of the Association, I extend my thanks to all those who provided financial and other support to us and the Brigades in 2016.”
The AIM WA WestBusiness Pinnacle Award for Green Business Excellence provides recognition for an organisation that demonstrated leadership and commitment to excellence in green business.
Major green business initiatives considered for the award include:
· Organisational culture change projects to reduce energy usage and waste.
· Successful recycling projects.
· New products or services using more efficient technologies.
In determining the winner of this Award, judges will consider the extent to which initiatives described:
· Represent leadership excellence in green business,
· Have positively impacted on the organisation and its stakeholders, and
· Demonstrate business leadership for the industry in which the organisation is situated.